Well, school is out for the summer and if you are one of those parents thinking “WHAT NOW?!” you have come to the right place!! Video games and TV can only keep kids entertained for so long before the dreaded phrase, “MOM……I’m bored!”. Never fear! Here is a list of summer activities that will help you keep your kids busy and still be easy on the wallet.
1. Create soap clouds. Place a bar of Ivory soap in a microwave-safe container and start your microwave for a couple of minutes on high power. Be amazed! Your kids will have soap clouds to keep them entertained. Older kids may be interested in researching the science behind the results.
2. Have popcorn races. Pop some fresh popcorn or use leftovers from last night’s movie night. Each child blows air through a straw to move their popcorn kernel past the finish line. Be creative! Pool noodles and beach balls would work too. The possibilities are endless for indoor or outdoor fun!
3. Play balloon ping pong. Glue popsicle sticks to paper plates and blow up a balloon. You can make a game out of it plus burn off some extra energy. Divide into teams and keep score, play with one balloon at a time or multiple balloons, or play with one rule – don’t let the balloon(s) touch the floor! Have fun!
4. Go on picnics to various parks. Have your kids make a map of all the parks near your house. Pack a picnic of food or games or both. Cross the park off your list once you have a picnic at that park.
5. Make a bubble wrap painting. Grab some bubble wrap, a large piece of paper, and some paint. Wrap your child’s feet in bubble wrap and put some paint on the bottom. This is a great indoor or outdoor project. Use any size of bubble wrap for large and small bumps.
Peace Partnership Sells Concessions to Benefit Families
We want to say a big “Thank You” to one of our partners who gave us the opportunity to help serve at the concessions stands during the T-Bones home opener weekend, May 19th & 20th. We are also grateful for all the volunteers that helped us work concessions both days. Thanks for donating your time! A portion of the proceeds from the concessions sales were donated to Peace Partnership.
We will be teaming up again in June on Friday, June 19th and Saturday, June 20th to help sell concessions. Your help with this would be much appreciated. If you would like to donate your time and help us at the concessions stands, please contact Jeff Cox at firstname.lastname@example.org and he will coordinate our volunteers. If you plan to attend a T-Bones game or two this season, come out on June 19th or 20th and be sure to purchase concessions at one of the concessions stands supporting Peace Partnership. Part of the money you spend will be used to help us serve more families in the community. We would love to see you there!
We so appreciate the support of all of our partners. Your gifts are invaluable. Thank you for believing in what we do. If you would like to find out how to become a partner, please click on the link below.